Missouri, Kansas City
Permanent, Retained, Experienced
We specialize in searches for executive directors and senior development officers
We conduct nonprofit executive searches nationwide.
We specialize in the recruitment of Executive Directors, Fundraising/Development Directors, Hospital Foundation Directors and other senior leadership staff — who get results.
We only serve the nonprofit community.
Why We Do It
Our firm is unique because our recruiters excelled as nonprofit executives for decades before being hand-picked to join our team. Now it’s our personal mission to recruit top talent for agencies throughout the country – just like yours.
We have the right background and the right contacts—and we’re ready to put them to work for you. Our executive search process, combined with our nonprofit knowledge and network, allows us to recruit the very best.
Why choose us? Five good reasons:
1. Our firm’s background, experience and attention is dedicated entirely to nonprofits. We do not have other lines of business. We only do recruiting work – and we only work with nonprofits. We limit the number of searches we do at any given time in order to provide the maximum amount of customer service to each one of our clients.
2. You receive personal recruiting services from a senior nonprofit leader. Your search will be led by veteran recruiters who are also seasoned nonprofit executives. Bill Moran and associates have more than 250 years of combined experience as Executive Directors and Development Directors. Your search will never be delegated to a junior associate.
3. We know how to identify and evaluate successful Executive Directors and senior fundraising staff because we have held those positions. Our direct involvement in the nonprofit world has given us special insight into the attributes needed to be effective in these roles. Candidates view us as their peers and respond to us promptly as we target familiar regions and new communities alike. We are able to look beyond resumes by asking behavior-focused questions.
4. We customize your search. At The Moran Company, we know that every organization is unique. We take the time to understand your challenges and needs in order to uncover the right candidates who can achieve long-term goals. We are sought out for critical and complex searches because we understand key nuances in funding, operations and governance.
5. We have a national network of contacts in the nonprofit sector. We’ve done searches and consulted with hundreds of organizations across the United States. We have worked with expert nonprofit executives and fundraisers in the process. We’ve also trained nonprofit staff through our fundraising web seminars, onsite trainings, and regular speaking engagements to nonprofit associations. This has given us a national network of contacts for searches.
We are members of the following nonprofit recruiting, fundraising and human resource associations:
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
Network of Nonprofit Search Consultants (NNSC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
The Moran Company was ranked one of the Best Executive Search Firms in 2017 by Forbes Magazine. We go above and beyond simply filling a staffing vacancy. Our nonprofit background and network allows us to recruit the very best candidates — even those who aren’t actively looking.